Halloween season is upon us, and it’s time for some boos and booze with your boos. Tee hee. This Vampire Kiss Cocktail is wickedly tasty and can easily be made as a mocktail for those who don’t imbibe. If you’re not into sweet, add a little soda and skip the grenadine. This is perfect for a party beverage, you can make up the glasses earlier in the day and the gel will stay fresh until you wash it off. Best of all, it won’t run into the cocktail and ruin the taste. (Make sure you use the Wilton sparkle decorating gel and not food coloring, or your guests will look like vampires!) Watch the video, then grab the recipe below.
- 1.5 oz Absolut Citron Vodka
- 1.5 oz DeKuper Pomegranate Schnapps
- Splash of Grenadine
- Wilton’s Sparkle Decorating Gel in Red (Be sure not to use food coloring gel!)
- Clip-On Spider (Party City)
- Optional Polka Dot Straw
- Festoon the edge of a martini glass with the decorating gel. This is super easy because the gel is thick and not drippy. You can do it in advance if you are having a crowd, it stays in place overnight! Scroll, dip down, scroll, dip down, varying the length and placement of the drips. I just did a small area on the inside edge of the glass. Add the clip on spider to one side of the drips.
- Pour the vodka and the schnapps into a shaker filled with ice.
- Add grenadine to taste.
- Stir or shake as you prefer.
- Strain chilled liquid into glass.
- Now sit back, sip, and savor your Dracula’s Kiss Cocktail.