T’is the season to be jolly and we’ve been busy decking the halls at Casa de Potter. Space is at a premium around here, so we’re always on the hunt for decorations that don’t take up a lot of space, but have a lot of impact. We love these tabletop trees from AC Moore Arts and Crafts, you may recall our Halloween Witch House DIY. This time we’ve used a pretty pastel palette and festooned our tree with faux snow and tons of sparkle! This looks so pretty in the day time and and is just as fabulous at night. Best of all, you can find everything you need to make this project at AC Moore stores.
You will need:
Tabletop wooden tree
Sequins in silver, opalescent, and pink
Plastic faux rhinestones in various sizes
Vintage or new white buttons in various sizes
Mod Podge Collage Clay in Vanilla
FolkArt Paint in Sky Mist, Green Sea, and Ballet Pink
Folk Art Extreme Glitter in Hologram
Clear or iridescent glitter in fine and large chunks
Flat paint brush
Detail paint brush
Beacon Gem Tac adhesive
Surgeon’s Gloves (trust me!)
- Use pencil to mark layers, I drew swagged lines, graduating in number as the tree gets wider.
- Paint pink on the top and fourth layer.
- Add green and pink to stripes, using a detail brush.
- Use Collage Clay with flat tip to apply snow to bottom layer of each section of the tree. Sprinkle with glitter.
- I started with swags of sequins using a pencil mark as a guide. Lay the glue down first, then place the items in the glue on the tree. (Tip: I recommend wearing gloves, even though I used a tool to pick and place the sequins, they have a hole in the center and the glue got on my fingers. I’m still peeling it off!)
- Then I added a few rhinestones and while those were drying I lifted the tree and used the flat tip again with the collage clay to add snow to the edges of the tree.
- Add buttons, more rhinestones, layer up the sequins and rhinestones…more is more here!
- Keep going!
- Let it dry overnight then you can add your lights.
How sweet is this?
Ho, ho, ho!
Light it up and watch it sparkle!
We’ll have another delightful Festive Festooned Tabletop creation for AC Moore Arts and Crafts early next week, so make sure you come back. Thanks for visiting and make sure you visit AC Moore stores for all of your holiday crafting needs.